Crafted from porcelain, with carved sgraffito decoration, this ceramic bread baker turns out a round bread with a tender center and crisp, golden crust. The clay distributes heat evenly for a consistent bake, while the domed, unglazed lid traps steam and absorbs moisture to produce a classic bread texture and finish.
- Porcelain clay absorbs and retains heat evenly for gentle, uniform baking
- The unglazed lid interior absorbs steam to produce tender bread with crisp, chewy crust
- Bread releases easily and will not chip, crack, craze or absorb odors or flavors.
- Resistant to scratches
- Classic hand-carved sgraffito decoration
- Measures approximately 9" in diameter and 6.5" tall
Choice of patterns
About Deborah Harris
Deborah Harris has been a full-time studio potter in Chapel Hill, North Carolina since 1997. Her work is influenced by many factors, especially world cultures, human movement, and living in a state so exceptionally rich in pottery history.
Her work begins on the potter’s wheel with porcelain as her first choice for a clay body. Texture is achieved using various ribs, carving tools, handmade stamps, or found objects. The work is bisque fired, glazed, and decorated. The ware is then fired a second time in either a soda or gas kiln using a reduction atmosphere.
Deborah is continually refining her techniques and experimenting with new ideas in hopes that her work will continue evolving through clay’s infinite potential.