Stoneware Casserole - Small
This high-fired small stoneware casserole dish from North Carolina artist Tim Turner is a great addition to anyone's kitchen! Finished with a wood ash glaze, this casserole dish has sturdy handles that make this piece especially functional. Easy to use - cook and serve from the same piece!
- Measures approximately 8" in diameter and 7" tall.
- Wood ash glaze.
- Crafted in North Carolina by former Cedar Creek studio artist Tim Turner.
- As with all handcrafted items, slight variations in size, design, and color should be expected.
- To avoid thermal shock, always place ceramic baking dishes in a cold oven, and preheat your oven with the dish on the oven rack.
- If an item you are interested in purchasing is out of stock, please give us a call or send an email. We'd love to talk with you about how we can help!
About Tim Turner
Tim started his clay adventure at Appalachian State University in the mid-70s, where he met and worked with many remarkable craftspeople in Penland, NC. Tim attempts to find strong, simple forms in creating his work to be understated in decoration and soft-spoken in manner.
Most of his works are made from high fired stoneware and fired in a gas kiln to 2345 degrees. Patterns are drawn with wax and then sprayed with a final glaze.
All of Tim's pieces are microwave, oven, and dishwasher safe.